Friday, March 11, 2011

De Afghanan Kabob House



Speaking of exotic food...

The one I am about to mention may come as a surprise to some and as a shock to others. Surprise because the food is simply delicious and shock because the place is hard to find, kind of a hole in the wall. It was not easy for me to find that place the first time either, I drove past it a couple of times and missed it each time. Let's say it is in the same building where old Naaz cinema used to be (cross streets are Fremont Blvd. & Peralta).

I am talking about De Afghanan Kabob House in Fremont. It is "the place" for Afghan food, especially their Bolani. I ordered a Bolani Kachalu and now I find myself addicted to it. Bolani Kachalu comes stuffed with potatoes and is served with some sort of dressing that really compliments it (tastes like some kind of Greek yogurt). The Bolani is rather huge and can easily feed about 3 people. The mantra: "Good food at reasonable price." 

And let me give you this free bit of suggestion, "You will be better off ordering it carry-out."


2 comments:

  1. Another fact you need to go prepared with is this place deals in 'Cash Only' so go prepared with cash pls

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wont be a place for people who are strictly vegetarian by choice or religion, I noticed they use some weight press on their delicious bolani kachaloo but these were the same weights they used to flatten down beef patties too...the bolani kachaloo did not taste as good after seeing that... I was better off when friends used to get it for me and I had not seen that...

    ReplyDelete