Thursday, March 10, 2011

Heritage of India & Rangoli Sweet Shop



“No one cooks like my mother,” “My mother is the best chef.” Sure sounds familiar. Ever wonder if the hidden secret is some special spice, a family recipe or something only the “Moms” know. Quite possible! But then, how come “My Mom’s” recipe tastes best to “Me” only (in general), because my friend’s expressions say otherwise. Well! I guess it’s all about love, and that’s the secret ingredient.
            
But what happens when “Mom” does not cook, Mexican, Italian, Indian, American, German, Euthopian, or something and anything but what she cooks the best. Guess it may be time to look for an authentic restaurant, especially when it comes to some exotic food or maybe something that’s all over the place and therefore finding the one that’s the best amongst them all. Can soon turn into a daunting yet pioneering urge to find “the one.” Just like looking for a needle in haystack. Maybe hard but not impossible… 

Let’s see, what comes to mind when you read – spicy food, long musical movies and Taj Mahal. I know Taj Mahal gave it away. Speaking of Indian food brings us to Heritage of India in Milpitas. Ah! Another small place located at an intersection corner that serves Indian curries and naan. Their lunch buffet is a good place to start.

Rangoli in Sunnyvale is definitely for those of you with a sweet tooth for Indian delicacies, and their samosas are definitely worth a try. A little to the higher end as far as prices are concerned but as they say, “no pain, no gain.”

1 comment:

  1. So far, no one makes better samosas than Rangoli, they are good in Indian sweets too, I have had the alloo parathan as I call it from the afghan corner...truly GREAT!!! I still need to try the Heritage of India but have you ever tried the place in Milipitas that has typical south indian food...mmmmmmmm.....I will get you more detail on that place, you need to try them too.

    ReplyDelete